Affordable Song Licensing

Daywind Artists

Welcome Daywind Artists!

Read below to learn more on your next steps!

I'm using Daywind accompaniment tracks on a release and need a mechanical license.

If you have purchased Daywind backing tracks and plan to use them as an accompaniment on your release, then you will need to make sure that you have two separate permissions:

Audio Rights - You need Daywind to give you permission to use their accompaniment track (a lease through Daywind)

Composition Rights - You the songwriter/publisher/rights holder to give you permission to use their composition (lyrics/melody)

Affordable Song Licensing is the company that helps you obtain the composition rights (known as mechanical licenses) that you need for your release.

All you need to do is send us the names of the accompaniment tracks you are using and the number of CDs/downloads you plan on releasing.

I recorded songs at Daywind Studios and was told I need a mechanical license.

If you went into Daywind Studios and received our information in your Welcome Packet, then you just need to contact us with the songs you recorded and the quantity of CDs you are manufacturing.

How do I get the license I need from Affordable Song Licensing?

Use our site - You can register on and follow the prompts. You will need to verify your email, and your first Sign In will require you to provide us with some personal information that we use for your licensing paperwork. Start a new project in your dashboard, fill out the information about your release, and make payment all on the same page.

Email - This is the quickest way outside of using our site to get the information you need. Send us an email ( with the subject line “DAYWIND ARTIST INQUIRY” and include the following information:

Your Name -
Artist Name -
Album Title -
Song Titles -
Format - Is it just a CD or digital downloads too?
Quantities - How many CDs are you printing? How many digital downloads do you want to be able to sell?
Release date -

With this information, we will respond quickly with a total for your licenses and a link to make payment. Once payment is received, you will get your licensing paperwork within 48 hours.

Call us - Some people want to work with a real person, and we understand. Give us a call at 323-776-6475 and we will work with you over the phone to give you a quick quote and direct you on next steps. We answer the phones between 9:00a - 6:30p EST Monday through Friday. If we don’t answer, leave a message with your name and number, and we will return your call.

We are proud partners with Daywind, and look forward to helping you navigate the licensing process.

- Casey

Get a License


Visit the Support Hub
Give us a call at 323-776-6475
Email us at